We have a special guest today. None other than my beautiful girlfriend, Katie. Katie is a long time vegetarian and has been a vegan for over a year now. I will let her take over but before I do, I just want to say… you may notice that Katie doesn’t exactly share my passion for cooking, but how much better is her presentation than mine! Haha
I am not a massive sweet eater so things like this, I have always ignored. I tasted these though and they were amazing. Katie, congratulations on your boyfriend, he is amazing! Over to you….
I don’t really like cooking, especially on a Sunday morning. But these vegan banana pancakes are just so damn good, I love nothing better than making these for brunch while listening to Mix 90’s on the digital radio.
You can get as creative as you want with the toppings, however I like to keep it simple with berries, soy vanilla ice cream and lot’s of organic maple syrup. If I’m being fancy I would sprinkle shaved coconut over the top too.
Makes 8 pancakes
- 1 over ripe banana
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup dairy free milk – coconut / soy / almond
- vegan butter spread for the pan – I use Nuttelex
- Organic maple syrup
- Fresh strawberries
- Mixed berries
- So Good soy ice cream (coconut ice cream is even better)
- In a bowl, mash the banana. Add the oil and milk and stir to combine
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together
- Heat your butter spread in a pan over medium heat
- Spoon the batter into the pan and cook the pancakes for around 3-4 minutes on each side
No Doubt “Tragic Kingdom”
Just put ‘Sunday Morning’ on repeat and you are good to go!