Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
How many days before Christmas can this be prepared/made: must be made on the day
Vegan chocolate Mousse? Juddy, you are crazy. Hang on, chocolate mousse with avocado? That is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard in my life….
You are wrong, son. Stay tuned…..
Avocado chocolate mousses are certainly not new and in no means are they a Long Player Kitchen innovation. 99% of recipes you will find will all be within 1 ingredient of each other. This is clearly the best one you will ever taste though, I mean just look at it!!
This is my version and makes a perfect Christmas dessert. The only issue is, you will have to purchase your avocados on Christmas Eve, in order to keep them fresh and depending on where you live, that is not always possible.
- 2 x 100g dark chocolate (at least 85% cocoa solids) bars
- 2 avocados
- 2 – 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (or if you are not caring about health, use dairy free chocolate sauce for ice cream)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Cut one of the chocolate bars in half (or a quarter if you have a 200g bar)
- Heat the remaining 150g in a saucepan for a minute or two until totally melted. Make sure you use a low heat and stir constantly
- Add the avocado flesh to a food processor along with the cocoa powder/chocolate sauce, maple syrup, and vanilla essence
- Add the melted chocolate
- Pulse for a minute until everything is mixed together well. You may have to scrape down the sides once or twice
- Pour in the coconut cream and mix for a further 20 seconds
- Divide into four bowls
- You are left with ¼ of the chocolate, I like to cut half into little cubes, almost like chocolate chips and mix into the mousse. The remaining chocolate is chopped finely and sprinkled over as a garnish
- Get it into ya!
Christmas “The Collection”
Time to stop being a miserable git. It’s Christmas. Carols are not my thing but Christmas songs are excellent! Ha
This album won’t change for the duration of this series. I mean, why the hell would it?????
Listen – but do yourself a favour and buy it on vinyl!
The link isn’t working. Please use the spotify link from my Seitan recipe